To take the first step towards membership fill in our enquiry form and we will be in contact to talk through your options. There is an approval process so let’s get it going.
Want more information – happy to oblige!
We are all about how we can become professional speakers that use our verbal communication to create a profitable and sustainable business that not only pays the bills but provides a satisfying fulfilment and rewarding way of life.
Find out more about becoming a SPEAKER!
This association exists to help would be and existing speakers excel. We love being a social network for people on a similar journey, but that is not enough.
We need to help you become better at what you do. To excel and be your best. And we will be there for you every step of the way.
The passion of a tribe that understands where you have come from and what you are going through. Outside of our walls it can be hard to find those that understand what a business of speaking actually is. What it is you do and want to achieve.
Inside these walls you are surrounded by your tribe. They get what drives you – the passion and the want to share something that will make a difference. They are not just like-minded; they are like-hearted. Welcome home!
Eloquence, Enterprise, Ethics, Expertise
- Eloquence – The ability to capture an audience from your chosen platform, hold them spell bound and open minded as you enlighten, educate and change their perspective forever.
- Enterprise – The strong corner stone that focusses on laying the foundation of a strong business and then helps you put up the walls and finally unlock the front door. We are all about the business of speaking.
- Ethics – In the same way we will respect your ideas and innovations as yours, you must respect the ownership of others. Our members act as the professionals who uphold our values and act with integrity. It is the only way we can open up and share our ideas and protect the NSANZ brand.
- Expertise – We are thought leaders in our own areas of expertise. We own it proudly and represent ourselves in our areas of strength where we can give the most value to our clients and also have the most fun, living in our flow.
These four E’s are important to us as an association and we live them as part of our values.
We have recognised levels of improvement as you go along the journey.
Level one is Accredited Member and focusses on your willingness to learn and apply your efforts to self-improvement and become involved and contribute to the association. It is a great first step along the way.
Level two is Professional Membership and recognises your improvement in the ability to deliver your craft and that you are now earning income that comes directly from your speaking endeavours.
Level three is Certified Speaking Professional. This is internationally awarded and is the highest level of accreditation most reach (yes – there are more for when you speak and are recognised overseas by your peers). It is awarded by an overseas panel and recognises that you have truly arrived on the big stage. You are plying your craft with the best on the stages, in the boardrooms and among the leaders of the world and making the sort of income that you were aiming for when you started this journey.Find Out More
Through this association you have access to a world (literally!) of experts and expertise. Look at some of the options available;
- Monthly meetings to meet in person
- Speaker cafe’s held monthly where facilitated discussion on specific business and speaking topics helps you answer many of those questions you have.
- Live streaming of events when you cannot get there.
- The comradery of like-minded (and like-hearted) people to support you and go to when you need to know the answer to a burning question – like “How much should I charge?”
- Mentoring and coaching from ‘I do this full time’ experts.
- Guest speakers and workshops from overseas experts.
- A vault of past presenters and events available whenever you want it – Read more..
- Annual Speakers Academy Intensive – two days of intensive fast tracking for your business and where many long term friends are made. – Read more..
- Online monthly magazine and audio
- Showcases to try your material in front of a favourable audience and be critiqued by our senior speakers
- Through our global association with over a dozen other speaker organisations you will be welcome at any meeting as a member and have an instant network of contacts all over the world.
- We are hosting the Global Speakers Summit (GSS2018) in conjunction with the Global Speakers Federation (GSF) in February 2018 – 200+ international speakers from all over the world to share time and learn from. It’s the first time that the Global Speakers Summit will be held in New Zealand and the first NZ-based convention since 2005!
It is a smorgasbord of knowledge to choose from!
As with any smorgasbord you must feed yourself. It is all there for you but you will need to be willing to put in the work. We do not promise instant success. We cannot line up twenty paying clients – that is your job. We can support you and give you all the sustenance you need to do it.
Those welcome to eat at the table are those that are also willing to add to the meal. We are a voluntary organisation run for the good of all. The long term members and the successful speakers are those that have learned that to give is to receive. Get involved on committees, volunteer to be an MC for a night or host a guest. Jump in and be part of a growing committee. The meal is more rewarding when you have added to the meal.
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give”
– Winston Churchill
Oh by the way, we try hard to welcome and engage every guest. But if for some reason you managed to slip past our net then hold your hand out and say hello – it is about helping yourself and we don’t bite!
Reach out and say hello
Fill in the enquiry form or come along to a free meeting. We welcome guests three times before we ask you to make a decision about membership.
You are in the right place – take the step.